Sunday, March 05, 2006

Changing your life and other updates

I said I was going to go to the One Life exhibition to get some inspiration for changing / improving my life and report back.

Well, I am reporting back to say that I didn’t go…I was planning to go yesterday but thought ‘If I am going to change my life I am going to do it myself’. I don’t know if this is a sign of me taking charge or just an excuse to hide my lethargy…

Instead I went to my local library to get a trashy novel and then to the Broadway Market for some shopping. I can report that the campaign for Spirit is continuing in full swing (see the January entry about it).

Another local campaign, this time at the Roman Road Market, is against the construction plans for Cross Rail. They are planning to dig the tunnel from the middle, i.e. a shaft near Spitalfields, then carry the soil along two-lane-wide inner city roads in trucks, dump it in Mile End Park to be taken away by train….That is the Park for which they spent £12.5 million only 6-7 years ago! And trucks are planned to run 24 hours a day for years and years during the construction period……And on streets that have buildings on either side, streets that you can cross in less than 10 steps. It’s a stupid idea if there ever was any and I am glad there is a campaign against it. I signed the petition and will keep a close eye on the developments.

No comments: