Thursday, June 15, 2006

It’s all too fast…

It’s only been a little over 2 weeks since the last entry…but so much happnened that it felt like an age…My new year resolution was to slow down / diminish....oh, yea...

I haven’t got anything good / interesting to write right now, but wanted to write something anyway…So, what’s happened since?

I was creative (two improv shows, three more articles in the Turkish woman’s magazine);

I met all but one work deadlines (this is the first time I missed a deadline by this much - at least 6 weeks!….but the Client was fine about it which is great…learnt (once again) that missing a deadline is not the end of the world and that I should trust myself a little more);

I did what I preached (see the review of Big Stone Gap, from May 16th) – I was honest even if that meant I made myself vulnerable and, yes, surprise, surprise, I am still standing… I am much more confident in myself than I’ve ever been before…someone’s hesitation is never going to be rejection of me ever again! (especially not when I told them I wasn’t sure I wanted their heart in the first place….who is rejecting who, I ask you!)

Oh, yes, and I helped organise a friend’s 40th birthday…music, comedy, cabaret, DJs, slide shows, the lot….he worked a lot too of course and it was great fun…it was last Friday, we went to bed about 7 am…am still recovering…

The only bad thing is that I’ve put even more weight on…but have been ‘salad’ing since Monday and will hit the gym again (after a year of paying but not going) so I’ll get thinner again I am sure…

Oh dear, it's all me, me, me....but, hey, it's MY blog so it's OK for me to be self-indulgent every now and again!

OK, bye till I can find something more interesting to say….I’ve been reading the next two books after Big Stone Gap – will review them shortly…

By the way, 23rd June is my birthday… If I can't write before then, any goodwill wishes would be much appreciated :)

No comments: