Wednesday, April 04, 2007

What’s there to lose?!

As you can see from two entries in as many days, I am still at home and I am still enjoying it. Well, I started working about 10 am and haven’t stopped much since then (almost 7 hours) so that’s not too lazy. There is something I should be finishing by Tuesday but I’ll start that tomorrow…after all I am planning to stay in till then and work…since the rest of the UK will be holidaying, I won’t be disturbed for other work.

Anyway, there is hope…hope for meeting deadlines and all the rest…The following is the evidence. It’s a joke email sent by a friend but it’s so good that I had to share…oh, it’s not just about hope actually…it’s ‘optimistic action’…and you know you can’t win if you don’t try!

The Sultan decides that two prisoners brought before him should be executed. One of them, who remembers how much the Sultan loves his horse, tries to strike a bargain: if the Sultan pardons him, he will teach the Sultan’s horse how to fly within the year. The Sultan who likes the sounds of this grants the pardon.

The other prisoner asks his cellmate ‘you know horses can’t fly. How could you come up with such a crazy bargain?! You are only postponing the inevitable!”

The ‘horse-trainer’ says: “Not so! I’ve given myself four chances to freedom: first, the Sultan could die within the year; second, I could die within the year; third, the horse could die within the year and fourth, perhaps I could teach the horse to fly!”

No comments: